Summer Scholars Program
Integral to our mission of breaking the cycle of poverty is keeping our students engaged academically and safe from some of the most violent streets in the nation. For this reason, San Miguel Academy hosts a Summer Scholars Program every year. The program is a 6-week extension of the academic year, in which all the students of the school attend. This provides our boys with a sanctuary to continue their education.
The hallmark experience of the summer is the Soaring Trailblazer Experience. The Soaring Trailblazer Experience is a rotating theme-based program that has the students investigate various STEAM based topics. All the themes throughout the years focus on collaboration and critical thinking, both essential skills for success in the 21st century.
- 2021: Digital Literacy & Applied Art
- 2020: Drones
- 2019: Becoming an Engineer
- 2018: Robotics: An Introduction to building and Coding
- 2017: Builders Experience
- 2016: Maker Challenges
- 2015: Maker Faire Presentation
- 2014: Environmental Stewards for the Summer