The Graduate Success Program
Graduate Success includes High School Placement and Graduate Support – The Graduate Success Program provides for San Miguel Academy students looking to expand their high school options after graduation. The GSP continuously establishes relationships with parochial high schools, independent day schools and boarding schools that are interested in San Miguel students for admission on a tuition-assisted basis. All San Miguel Academy students are eligible to participate in the GSP regardless of race, religion or educational background. The successful placement of students participating in the Graduate Success Program is merit-based. School applications and selections are determined by various factors including academic grade point average, ISEE results (Independent School Entrance Examination), special talents in athletics, performing arts, music, civic responsibility, etc. and overall personal attributes. Every effort is made by the Graduate Success Committee to place each student in a school compatible with his skill set.
In addition to High School Placement services, the GSP administers the After School Program for students who attend local public high schools, and local parochial high schools. The After School Program enables graduates to come back to San Miguel Academy for tutoring, counseling and a quiet place to complete their homework in an environment conducive to learning.
GSP provides guidance to students and their families to help determine appropriate high school options. GSP assists 1st generation learners and their parents by helping them to navigate the high school admissions process. GSP provides the following support:
- Informing students and their families about school fairs, open houses and other school related events, preparing students for high school interviews and admissions visits
- Organizing ISEE preparatory classes,
- Providing assistance with registration, application and financial aid forms,
- Scheduling trips to independent day schools, boarding schools and local high schools, and
- Giving feedback to students and their families about schools and respective levels of interest in the candidate