In addition to academic support, San Miguel students have many clubs from which to choose from for their after school activity. The clubs provide the boys an opportunity to focus on an area of interest in a fun and supportive environment. The club options include:
- Robotics Club –The Robotics Club uses LEGO Robotics kits. The boys learn how to design and build robots, integrating their knowledge of S.T.E.M. while experiencing team work and fostering creativity.
- Fitness Club – The Fitness Club helps to develop a student’s mind and body. Using the training facilities at Mount Saint Mary College, students work with a professional trainer to do age appropriate physical training during the seasons.
- Rowing Club – In conjunction with the Orange County Rowing Association, students are instructed in the safety and activity of the sport of rowing. The club offers year-round programs that teach the fundamentals of rowing both on water and indoors during the winter season. Our expectation is that this club will evolve into a competitive interscholastic team. The San Miguel team uses two boats donated by a generous benefactor.
- Swim Safety – San Miguel is in partnership with the Greater Newburgh YMCA to achieve the goal that every San Miguel boy graduates knowing how to swim
- Book Club – The Book Club is for students who are enthusiastic readers and are looking to expand their love of reading beyond the classroom. Books are selected by a group leader, who also plans the discussion points for the Saturday morning meetings.
- Movie Club
- Food Club
- Hiking Club